JoJo has taught skating workshops (one day) and camps (3-5 days) for over 20 years.
Skating camps cater to skaters of all ages, including adult recreational skaters and usually last from 3 to 5 days.
- Daily Floor Classes, teaching ballet fundamentals of posture, free leg and arm positions, off ice warm ups, plies, turns and jumps.
- Daily Great 8’s Classes, teaching the basics of edges, turns and figure 8’s, building tremendous strength and core control in a gentle way. This benefits all elements of free skating and ice dancing.
- Daily On Ice Cool Workout Classes drilling edge exercises, turns, combinations, spins and jumps, all based on skater’s levels.
- Average 3 to 4 hours of ice time per day.
- Social Activities include a dinner and meet and greet where JoJo and her guest coach share inspiring skating stories!
- Cool Workout T-shirt, Notebook (for lessons learned during the week), and “Cast Photo”.
JoJo often brings an internationally ranked World and Olympic skater as a guest coach.
One Day Skating Camp Suggested Schedule:
- 1.5 hours of edge class, bringing the elements of style and edge quality from floor class and 8’s class into the freestyle elements
- 1 hour Great 8’s class from entry level 8’s to all levels of figures
- 1.5 hours of choreography, using the all the edges, turns and elements of the earlier classes, we’ll choreography sequences to various styles of music, using the full range of each skaters level
- 1 hour ballet/stretching class which focuses on posture, free leg and arm positions and turns
These one day camps are meant to introduce adult skaters of all levels to new, fun elements and to send them home with pages of notes and materiel to work on at their own pace. It is a great time to socialize with like minded adult skaters from other rinks in your area!
Everyone is welcome to host these camps! Starbuck & Company will provide promotional materials. Contact email@example.com.